Our Game is a Handful.

Our Game is a Handful.

Monday, August 2, 2021

On the bench

 


In the past I have purposely avoided showing the work bench view of the ships. I always felt it disenchants the immersion in the world we have created. The "How the sausage is made" cliche provides an unappetizing venue to an audience yet being trapped in the house since March of 2020 has changed the perspective of the hobby for me a little. It's not Chateau D'if, but we're all one step closer to understanding Edmond Dantès plight.    

  

Here is the next hull I'm working on, a sloop from FireLock Games, I'm extending the sail plan to a full sloop and adding a little more firepower under the aft quarter. Lots of custom work and after market parts from Old Glory 25 and Amanti wooden model ships. The sails are Evergreen plastic sheets cut to fit.